Saturday, January 26, 2008

Portrait-time...need some help here

I halted a few willing participants to pose for portraits so that I could attempt to get some experience with portrait-mode.
First was Erin, who stopped by to tell me how much work she was to do...I needed her to recreate the face that was so pricelessly representative of how she was feeling.

The tip here was to fill the frame. Looking back at these, perhaps I didn't do such a good job with that, causing me to have other problems.

Erin in portrait mode 1:

Erin in portrait mode 2:

I wasn't liking the shadow being cast behind her and decided to try night mode so that I still had light on Erin, but could also try to backlight her a bit and avoid that shadow

Erin night mode:

The colors turned out a bit different (as if the room lighting was allowed in more), and the shadow is still there, though not nearly as apparent. Still not quite what I wanted.

Next, I stopped Obi, whose photos came out with similar results: the shadow, and then the loss of correct colors to compensate for diminishing the shadow...

Obi portrait mode
Obi night mode

Obi no flash mode

The colors get increasingly worse as the shadow from the flash lessens...help?

No comments: