Friday, January 18, 2008

Melty morning

It may not look like much, but it's the little things that I think are really worth photographing sometimes. Like the way that ice grips onto a window.

I heard from a great photographer in Barcelona, Pere, that the best lighting is usually at dawn and dusk because it isn't overpowering and it has a glow and surreal quality to it. So after brushing off my car from ice that the snow turned into last night, and heading to the architecture building at 7:30 am, I thought that instead of sunrise pictures (which would have happened way earlier anyhow), I would take pictures of the pryz and Crough center with the fresh light of the morning.


This is my favorite shot of the three of the buildings this morning. Matt said a good photo is generally one that looks good even without the color...this might not be one of those photos haha! Perhaps we will see.


This one turned out weird to me...maybe its the weird perspective, or that it's angled? Not sure. I wanted to capture what is behind me (the trees) shading the building, so I guess that's where I was going with this--trying to give an overall understanding of the surroundings without actually photographing the trees, themselves.

I just liked this shot because I noticed after the first few pictures, there is a bike sitting under the snowy staircase...only in a few places can you expect to ride your bike the morning after a snow/icestorm!

No comments: