Thursday, February 7, 2008

freeze-motion and cotton-candy effect

So...as Matt has already pointed out I need to work on this with the camera. We were SUPPOSED to work with our shutter speed and aperture in order to show motion in two separate ways...so here is attempt number one:


Cotton Candy-effect...showing motion with a slower shutter speed in order to allow the object to blur itself with the long exposure. With water, it tends to cause the "cotton candy effect" where the water blends and looks stringy.


This is the attempt at freeze-motion...where you have objects at rest, and something in motion that you capture with a quick shutter-speed so that you basically freeze time. I thought that pouring water might be a good way to show this since I had already tried the cotton candy, and we intuitively understand that water being poured is in motion...but it didn't have a super-effective outcome...so I need to work on this for next week.

I DID find the faucet reflection pretty interesting, though...so I cropped it out and threw it up here just for fun.

No comments: